1. Keith told me this location of Newport Creamery was comparable to Mean Girls. I’m not really sure why because everyone loves me so far. There’s a lot of teamwork that wasn’t part of the last store I was in.
2. I worked with the brand new girl and she’s a sweetheart, even though she got an entire 32 oz Awful Awful (think milkshake) on me today because she hasn’t quite figured out the blender yet.
3. Carryout was DEADDDDDDD. Everyone was like, “No, it gets busy around 8pm.” Then when we got a line of four they were like, “See, I told you it gets busy!” No, bitches. Busy is three lines of 20+ people around the corner. THAT’S what I’m used to. I honestly could have handled carryout by myself tonight without having to split tips.
4. Speaking of tips, I asked if it was a big tip store for carryouts. They were like, “Some nights we get, like, 14$.” I was like, “No, no. I used to take home 40$ a night or more after splitting tips.” They didn’t believe me. Until three hours in I had 20$ in the tip jar. The new carryout girl I was with was like, “Wow, I want to work with you all the time. You bring the money in. People love you!”
5. My first customers were three high as hell black guys. They were laughing with me and shit and they were pretty attractive. They asked me what I was doing after work. I was like, “I’m going home. I’m a broke girl.” They were like, “Nah, nah. We roll with Chief Keef, we’ll take care of money.” I was actually almost tempted but my only change of clothes were sweatpants and flipflops in my car and I’m scared to be alone with three big ass dudes. I had to decline, but with a flirty smile, and then they asked if it was because black guys aren’t my type. Not really the case, but whatever. I’m just too cautious to go out with strangers like that. Maybe I should have slipped them my number on their receipt. Fuck. I dunno.